You can view read-only requirement document information without preventing other users from editing the document at the same time. You can also send email, enter workflow events, and perform other actions when viewing documents.
Document details are displayed in the following areas:
- The top area displays the document summary and available actions you can perform on the document.
- The overview area on the left displays the current status and custom field values.
- The detail area on the right displays the document description and additional information about the document, organized in tabs.
Tip: Click the buttons to hide the overview or detail area, or show both areas.
1. In the Requirement Documents list, click next to the document and choose View Details. You can also click the document number or name and then click View Details in the open document.
A summary of item information, including workflow events and tracked email, is displayed on the Overview tab. See Using the Overview tab. Additional information is displayed on the following tabs.
Information is displayed in the overview area and on the following tabs.
||Adding requirement documents|
|Workflow||Work performed on the document as it moves through the workflow.||Viewing workflow event history|
|Snapshots||Historical versions of the document captured at project milestones or specific points in time. Snapshots are used to compare document versions and view differences between them.||Viewing requirement document snapshots|
|Files||Files attached to the document, including files attached from source control applications, such as Surround SCM.||
|Email sent about the document. You can reply to email. Available only if email tracking is enabled for the project.||Viewing email and Replying to email|
|Traceability||Items linked to the document and options to perform impact analysis. You can add, edit, and delete links, mark linked items as suspect to indicate they may be impacted by changes, and investigate suspect dependencies.||Working with item links and Performing impact analysis|
|Folders||Folders the document is included in. You can add the document to other folders, move it to different folders, or remove it from folders. You cannot add or move the document to public folders you do not have permission to modify or are locked, or locked private folders. You cannot remove the document from locked folders.||Organizing items with folders|
|Baselines||Baselines the document is in. You can view the document as it was when added to the baseline, view differences between the current document and document in the baseline, and view differences between the document in two baselines.||Working with baselines from items|
|History||Historical information about the document, such as when it was created, when it was last modified, and all actions performed on it.||Viewing item history|
2. Click Open Document to view a hierarchical list of requirements in the document. See Working with requirement documents.
3. Click Edit to edit the document. See Editing requirement document details.
4. Click Watch to be notified every time the document details change. See Watching items to be notified about changes.
5. Perform any additional actions.
- To move the document through the workflow, click a workflow event button. For example, click Assign to assign it to another team member. Click More to see additional events. See Adding workflow events to items.
- To perform various actions on the document, click Actions and choose an action.
- To run a report that includes information about the document, click and choose a report. See Running reports.
- To send email about the document, click and choose an option. See Emailing from Helix ALM.