Edit requirement document details to add additional information or make changes based on review comments or changes to related items.
The following information applies to editing document information. If you want to change the requirements included in a document, open the document. See Modifying requirement documents.
Tip: If you need to update field values for multiple documents, use bulk change fields. This allows you to quickly update multiple items simultaneously. See Bulk changing fields to update multiple items.
1. In the Requirement Documents list, click next to the document and choose Edit Details.
2. Make any changes to the document name
3. Make any changes to information on the tabs in the
||Adding requirement documents|
|Workflow||Work performed on the document as it moves through the workflow.||Viewing workflow event history|
|Snapshots||Historical versions of the document captured at project milestones or specific points in time. Snapshots are used to compare document versions and view differences between them.||Viewing requirement document snapshots|
|Files||Files attached to the document, including files attached from source control applications, such as Surround SCM.||
|Email sent about the document. You can reply to email. Available only if email tracking is enabled for the project.||Viewing email and Replying to email|
|Traceability||Items linked to the document and options to perform impact analysis. You can add, edit, and delete links, mark linked items as suspect to indicate they may be impacted by changes, and investigate suspect dependencies.||Working with item links and Performing impact analysis|
|Folders||Folders the document is included in. You can add the document to other folders, move it to different folders, or remove it from folders. You cannot add or move the document to public folders you do not have permission to modify or are locked, or locked private folders. You cannot remove the document from locked folders.||Organizing items with folders|
|Baselines||Baselines the document is in. You can view the document as it was when added to the baseline, view differences between the current document and document in the baseline, and view differences between the document in two baselines.||Working with baselines from items|
|History||Historical information about the document, such as when it was created, when it was last modified, and all actions performed on it.||Viewing item history|
4. Click Watch to be notified every time the document details change. See Watching items to be notified about changes.
5. Click Open Document to view the document and work with requirements in it. See Working with requirement documents.
6. Perform any additional actions.
- To move the document through the workflow, click a workflow event button. For example, click Assign to assign it to another team member. Click More to see additional events. See Adding workflow events to items.
- To perform various actions on the document, click Actions and choose an action.
- To run a report that includes information about the document, click and choose a report. See Running reports.
- To send email about the document, click and choose an option. See Emailing from Helix ALM.
7. Save the document.
- Click Save to save and close the document.
- Click Apply to save and continue working on the document.
Tip: If the changes impact linked or related items, you may want to mark the items as suspect. This flags the items to indicate they should be reviewed. See Marking items as suspect.