Importing and exporting data
Exporting data to XML
All Hansoft data can be exported and imported as XML. This includes users, projects, item lists, and allocations. This can be helpful if you want to use project data you produced in another application. Many applications support XML imports.
To export data as XML, click More, choose Export and import, and choose Export ALL items as Hansoft XML.
Exporting data to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (.xlsx) and tab-separated text
You can export data in Microsoft Excel sheet (.xlsx) format and as tab-separated text.
- To export to an Excel sheet, click More, choose Export and import, and choose Export ALL items as a spreadsheet (.xlsx).
- To export as tab-separated text, click More, choose Export and import, and choose Export ALL items as a tab separated text.
Exporting data to PDF
You can export Hansoft reports to a PDF file if you need to product consistent documents as the project progresses. This is also a good way to produce a printable document.
You can also export a PDF of all items displayed in the timeline. All of the normal ways to select what is displayed in the timeline are also applied to the PDF (e.g., find, reports, the Show menu, collapse/expand, 'View selected only').
To export data to a PDF file, click More and choose Export timeline to PDF.
Importing data to Hansoft
You can import data from:
- Microsoft Excel. See Importing from Microsoft Excel.
- Hansoft XML format or Microsoft Project (2003 or later) XML format. See Importing from Microsoft Project.
- Helix ALM to the Hansoft QA view. See Importing Helix ALM XML.
Tip: Another way to get easily get data into Hansoft is by copying and pasting text. You can also copy a list of items, right-click in the Hansoft area where you want to add the items, and choose Paste text as items.