Open topic with navigation
Workflow status settings
Workflow status settings dialog:
On a workflow status you have these options:
- Selecting a status name and icon.
- Select which data a user must fill in before leaving this status (for example, a comment must be written).
When reaching this status
- Setting work remaining to X hours. Useful for quality iterations (alpha, beta or gold quality where each stage resets work remaining).
- Assigning to users/group. For example auto assigning to user group QA Testers when reaching a testing stage in the workflow.
- Sending E-mail notifications to users/groups. For example sending a mail when reaching status "Testing completed" to managers.
- Settings item status (affecting both agile and scheduling items) to not done or completed. Useful in a "Testing failed" status when the item is reassigned to the user who was assigned to do the task in the first case before testing begun.
- Go to this workflow status when the item is assigned to someone.
- Cannot set "Not assigned" when selecting a user in this status. Useful when users want to reassign the item to someone else. They should not be able remove all users from the item.
- Let assigned users reassign the item to someone else in their To do list. Useful when a user thinks that another co-worker is better suited to perform the task.
- Go to selected workflow status when the item is set to "Completed". Useful in a testing or art review scenario. When the task is done it is for example automatically set to workflow status "Testing by QA" and assigned to different testers.