To document and track project requirements, add them to Helix ALM. You can enter details about a requirement when you add it or as you learn more about it. Team members in a variety of roles, such as stakeholders, subject matter experts, developers, and testers, will use the requirement. Make sure each requirement clearly communicates a specific need.
Note: The following information explains how to add an individual requirement. You can also add requirements when working in a requirement document. See Adding new requirements to documents.
1. Choose Create > Requirement. You can also click Add on the Requirements list window.
2. Select a requirement type.
Helix ALM includes default requirement types, but your team may use others. See Default requirement types.
The Add Requirement
4. Enter a Summary to briefly describe the requirement. You can enter up to 255 characters.
5. Enter the
- Entered By—Defaults to the logged in user, but you can select another user. Click
to search for a user. See Searching for users and customers in fields.
- Date Entered—Defaults to the current date and time, but you can enter or select another date and time.
6. Enter a Description to provide specific information about the requirement.
7. Enter or select additional requirement information on the Detail tab.
8. Click the Files tab to attach files to the requirement. See Attaching files.
You can also attach files from a source control tool if the integration is configured for Helix ALM. See Attaching source files to items.
9. Click the Folders tab to add the requirement to a folder. See Adding items to folders.
10. Click Add to save the requirement and add it to the project.
You can also click Apply to save the requirement and continue working on it. Click OK when you finish.
Tip: Depending on user options, the Add Requirement dialog box may remain open after the requirement is added. Click Cancel to close it. You can change the Add Multiple Requirements user option to automatically close the dialog box after adding a new requirement. See Setting add multiple items options.
After you add a requirement, you can add it to a document at any time. See Adding existing requirements to documents.