When you find a bug that needs to be addressed or a feature that needs to be implemented, add an issue to track it.
1. Choose Create > Issue. You can also click Add in the Issues list window.
The Add Issue dialog box opens.
2. Enter the Summary to briefly describe the issue. You can enter up to 255 characters.
3. Enter the general issue information in the top part of the dialog box. The fields depend on the information your team requires.
4. On the Detail tab, enter any additional information about the issue on the corresponding mini tab.
|Found by details||Enter information about the user who found the issue and a detailed description.
The Found by field identifies who found the issue. When you update the Found by and Date Found fields, the Current Report field is automatically updated. If the issue was reported by multiple users or customers, click New to add a new report to the same issue. If a report is added by mistake or no longer needed, select the user in the Report field and click Remove. See Adding additional issue reports.
|Steps to reproduce||Enter the steps to reproduce the issue.|
|Computer configuration||Enter the hardware and software configuration for the computer the issue was found on.|
|File attachments||Attach files to the issue. See Attaching files. You can also attach files from a source control tool if the integration is configured. See Attaching source files to items.|
Note: You can configure display options to show all issue information on a single page instead of mini tabs. See Setting display options.
5. Click the Custom Fields tab and enter or select any values. These are unique fields your team uses to capture additional information.
6. Click the Workaround tab to enter a solution to use until the issue is fixed or implemented.
7. Click the
8. Click the Folders tab to add the issue to a folder. See Adding items to folders.
9. Click Add to save the issue and add it to the project.
You can also click Apply to save the issue and continue working on it. Click OK when you finish.
Tip: Depending on user options, the Add Issue dialog box may remain open after the issue is added. Click Cancel to close it. You can change the Add Multiple Issues user option to automatically close the dialog box after adding a new issue. See Setting add multiple items options.