To move an item to the next step in the workflow, you may need to assign it to a user. For example, you may want to assign a new issue to a support engineer for review. The support engineer can then assign the issue to a programmer to fix.
1. Select the item in a list window or open the item.
2. Choose Workflow > Assign.
The Assign dialog box opens. The Assign By user defaults to the logged in user and the Date is set to the current date and time. You can change these values if needed.
3. Select an Assign To user.
4. Enter any Notes about the assignment. For example, you can let the user know why you are assigning the item, what action you want them to take, or who to contact for additional help.
5. Enter or select any Custom Fields values.
6. Click OK.
The item is assigned to the selected user.
Note: To view notes for an item assigned to you, open the item and click the Workflow tab. The user who assigned the item should let you know what work you are responsible for and provide detailed information. If you need more information, email the user who assigned the item. See Emailing from Helix ALM.
You can view current and historical assignment information when you sort list
- Use the Assigned To User workflow event field to view assignment information at a specific point in the workflow. For example, to view all issues ever assigned to a specific user, create a filter restriction on the Assigned To User field for all Assign events for the user. When you apply the filter, all issues that were assigned to the user with the Assign event are displayed. Keep in mind that the Assign To field can be renamed in the event. Make sure you select the correct field name.
- Use the Currently Assigned To field to view current assignment information regardless of the event used to make the assignment. For example, to sort the Issues list
windowto see assigned issues by the currently assigned user, right-click a columnand choose General > Currently Assigned To. When you sort on this column, you can quickly scan to see current assignments by user.