You can add items to folders to keep items organized. For example, a team lead may add issues for a product component to a public folder so she and other team members can quickly access all issues for the component.
Keep the following in mind:
- You cannot add items directly to the Public or Private folders.
- You cannot add items to public folders you do not have permission to modify or any locked folders, which are indicated by a lock icon. See Managing access to folders.
- You can only add test cases to test case suites and test runs to test run suites. You cannot add other item types to these types of folders.
You can add existing items to folders from the Folders list
To add existing items to folders, drag them from the Issues, Requirements, Requirement Documents, Test Cases, or Test Runs list window to the folder in the Folders list window.
You can also add existing items to folders in task boards. See Using task boards.
The following steps explain how to add items to folders when working in items. You can also select items in list
1.Click the Folders tab when you are viewing or editing an item and click Add to Folder.
2. Select the folder to add the item to.
3. Click OK to save the changes.
The item is added to the folder and the folder path is displayed.
You can create new items and add them to folders at the same time from the Folders list
1.In the Folders list window, select the folder to add the item to, click Add, and select the item type to add.
The Add Item
2. Click the Folders tab to view the folder path.
- To open the folder, select the path and click
- To remove the item from the folder, select the path and click Remove
from Folder. See Removing items from folders.
3. Enter the item information.
4. Click Add.
The item is saved and added to the folder.
Tip: Administrators can also configure automation rules to automatically add items to folders. See Automating Helix ALM.