Task boards are interactive, alternate views of folder contents that can help teams communicate and measure progress during a sprint, release, or other milestone. Task boards help with planning and collaboration during stand-ups, retrospectives, issue triage, and other team meetings. See Using task boards.
You can configure multiple task boards to meet the needs of different teams in your organization. Each task board can have different columns, card colors, and swimlane options. See Task board components.
Task boards are heavily dependent on the project workflow and folders. Other project components, such as time tracking, requirement types, item mapping rules, and link definitions, are also used for task board features. Before you configure task boards, make sure you understand how these components are used in task boards and plan the configuration. See Task Board Configuration Best Practices.
Tip: For best results, make sure you are logged in to all Helix ALM areas you have access to before you configure task boards.
1. Choose Tools > Administration > Task Boards.
The Task Boards dialog box opens.
Tip: Helix ALM includes default task boards: Default - Folders & Users and Default - Relationships & Users. You can use these task boards as is or modify, duplicate, or delete them. See Default task boards.
2. Click Add to add a new task board. See Adding task boards.
3. Select a task board and click Edit to edit it. See Editing and deleting task boards.
4. Select a task board and click Duplicate to create a copy of it. See Duplicating task boards.
5. Select one or more task boards and click Export to export them to an XML file. See Exporting task boards
6. Click Import to import task boards that were exported to an XML file from another project. See Importing task boards.
7. Select a task board and click Delete to delete it. See Editing and deleting task boards.
8. Click OK to save the changes.