You can create folder types to control the appearance of folders and the type of data displayed for a group of folders. Folder types also provide a way to tag a group of folders used for similar purposes, which is useful for reporting.
Helix ALM includes default folder types that you can use or modify. See Default folder types. You can add other folder types to support your team's process.
Note: Helix ALM also includes Test Case Suite and Test Run Suite folder types for test case management. See Using test suites. These folder types cannot be edited, inactivated, or deleted.
1. Choose Tools > Administration > Folder Types.
The Configure Folder Types dialog box opens.
2. Click Add to create a new folder type. See Adding folder types.
3. Select a folder type and click Edit to change it. See Editing and deleting folder types.
4. Select a folder type and click Top, Move Up, Move Down, or Bottom to reorder the list.
Folder types are displayed in this order in menus and dialog boxes. You may want to move the most frequently used types to the top of the list.
5. Select a folder type and click Inactivate to inactivate it if it is no longer used. See Inactivating folder types.
6. Select a folder type and click Delete to delete it. See Editing and deleting folder types.
7. Click OK to save the changes.