Configuring certificates for the Hansoft web service
To connect using HTTPS, you need to install a valid SSL certificate for the Hansoft web service.
Tip: The certificates directory in the following steps is automatically created the first time the Hansoft web service starts.
Using your own certificate
Perform the following steps to use a certificate your users can verify the host with.
1. Open the HPMWeb/nginx/certificates directory in the directory where the web service is installed.
2. Replace the web.pem and web.key files with your certificate files. Your server certificate file must be named web.pem. If you have received a certificate file from your certificate authority, the file suffix may be .crt which you will have to change to .pem.
Tip: See Configuring HTTPS servers on the NGINX web site for more information about configuring certificates on nginx.
Using the certificate included with the Hansoft web service
Perform the following steps to use the self-signed certificate included with the Hansoft web service.
Note: These steps are recommended only for testing or evaluation purposes. The certificate must be distributed to each user who needs to log in.
1. Open web_ca.crt in the HPMWeb/nginx/certificates directory on the local computer.
The Certificate dialog box opens.
2. Click Install Certificate.
The Certificate Import Wizard opens.
3. Select Local Machine as the Store Location.
4. Click Next.
5. Select Place all certificates in the following store.
6. Click Browse and select Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Next.
9. Click Finish to install the certificate and close the wizard.
A confirmation dialog box opens.
10. Click OK.
11. Click OK again to close the Certificates dialog box.