Configuring project columns
Several areas of the Hansoft interface, such as the Product backlog, Quality assurance and Planning sections, uses columns to display data for each item in the list. While Hansoft adds several default columns automatically, Hansoft also provides various column types that can be added to a project by a main manager.
- For a list of available columns, see Default project columns.
- To add and remove columns, see Activating project columns.
- To pin the Item name column in the current view, see Pinning the Item Name column.
In addition to the pre-created columns, as a main managers you are able to create custom columns for each project. Custom columns can also be configured with specific permissions to ensure only selected users can view and edit their contents.
- For a list of available custom column types, see Custom project columns types.
- To create a new custom column, see Adding custom project columns.
- To configure the permissions to view and edit custom columns, see Setting column permissions.
- To create a column used to track time spent, see Creating a time reporting custom column.
- To automatically assign items to users and groups based on a multiple choice column, see Auto assigning drop list items.
- To edit an existing custom column, see Editing custom columns.
- To permanently remove a custom column and all its data, see Deleting custom columns.